On June 29, 2011 Anna Feigenbaum gave a presentation at SKOL in Montreal as part of Artivistic‘s dialogues programme. In a talk that linked our research collective’s work on infrastructures with the idea of ‘promiscuous infrastructures’ explored in Artivisitic’s residency, Anna raised questions around the notion of protest camps as a global phenomenon. While national, cultural and economic contexts greatly shape the emergence and structure of any individual protest camp, similarities can be found across cultures. In 2011 alone protest camps were seen in Egypt, Yemin, Malaysia, Spain, Greece, the UK, The United States and Western Sahara.
- RT @lestageog: Very have excited to have arranged a @protestcamps public talk @Gelato_Village for @ERFestivalLeic in October 1 month ago
- With lovely image from @liberatetate twitter.com/protestcamps/s… 2 months ago
- Just stumbled across this great piece on protest (and some camping) by TJ Demos for @e_flux e-flux.com/architecture/a… https://t.co/YUrn7kfyU9 2 months ago
- RT @samhalvorsen: Some great books on display at Chicago Uni Press #AAG2017 @JennyPickerill @drfigtree @lestageog @fabnomad @pmmcc @protest… 2 months ago
- RT @pmmcc: Finishing #AAG2017 on high note w/ @protestcamps book launch party w/ eds & authors @drfigtree @fabnomad @samhalvorsen @AdamOut… 2 months ago
- academia academic affect ali hugill anti-roads Arab Spring banks black panthers camp florentine CCA Chris Hedges climate camp consensus container technologies corporate media creative resistance design divisions evictions failure Feminist Library financial crisis FUSE future of occupy G8 Greenham Common greta hansen independent press indigenous justice infrastructures London Riots LSX M15 MARBL media media@mcgill media frames movement building N30 nettime Occuprint Occupy occupy canada occupy frankfurt occupyfs occupy lsx occupylsx Occupy Montreal occupy oakland occupy ottawa occupy toronto occupy wall st police repression precarious labour progressive publishing publishing radical architecture radical publishing RCHA Real Democracy research grants Resurrection City social centres social media spatiality squatting strikes tactics Tahrir tear gas tent city uni twitter ZAD Zed books Zizek